system PRODAT RKM-S (stationary) consists of three different models to statically and dynamically
measure wheel and axle loads. PRODAT as an independent supplier of complete
system solutions is able to cover every aspect of the project from A to Z.
For these systems there are just minor interventions at the rail track necessary whereas
the system features high sturdiness and small dimensions.
The measured wheel loads are grouped into axle and bogie loads and in addition
wheel and axle load differences and masses are calculable.
All PRODAT RKM models can be equipped with hysteresis reduction devices.
PRODAT models RKM-S 1000 to 3000, and its newest addition RKM-S 4000 consist of the following main components:
- sedation track
- weigh bridge units
- measuring computer
The sedation track is a specially designed rail track which reduces:
1. for static measurements: the influence of the rail track attitude onto
the wheel load distribution is downtrodden.
2. for dynamic measurements: influences the behavior of railed vehicles in
a way so that the dynamic part of the wheel load is small compared to the
part of the wheel load due from the weight. In this way optimal measurement
results will be reached.
Depending on case force transducers are designed as direct measuring rail
track elements or as mounting parts.
They combine in an ideal way measuring, bearing and fixing functions in a
compact component. Thus fast abrading bearings and moving captivation are
avoided in order to enable highest precision and accuracy as well as guarantee
long product life.
measuring computers MC 10 to MC 40 in stationary and mobile variants
order to enable a comfortable and intuitional usage the measuring computers
are all equipped with a lcd screen to display all measurement results, status
messages and operating instructions, a protected keyboard to enter data and
function keys to control the operation. The whole facility is protected against
wrong or unauthorized usage.
The computers are equipped with various data ports of different standards
enabling full network functionality so that attained data can be
The software PRODAT SO-RKM consists of a real time operation system to monitor the
faultless operation, offers static and dynamic measuring as well as giving
possibilities for calibration and diagnostics. It also can calculate rail
vehicle masses by using the axle loads. Customer specific wishes can also
The hardware is specially constructed for rough industrial applications,
and high reliability was proven through many years of operation. Electronics
and hardware are supplied in common protection classes. Through the protection
against weather conditions, outdoor applications are also possible.
Options for wireless data transmissions, for example in order to use hand
terminals, can be also ordered in advance.
advantages of the RKM-S series
- short installation and setup time
- direct measuring active force transducers without abrading bearings and
- automated dynamic or static measurement
- adaptable to a broad are of installation, plant and environment conditions
- every track size possible
- spring hysteresis overcoming device
- full support and service
- RKM-S 1000
- RKM-S 2000
- RKM-S 3000
- RKM-S 4000
PRODAT RKM-S 1000
The wheel load measurement system PRODAT RKM 1000 is designed for the determination
of wheel loads in test bays on solid ground. Conceptual approach is simple
and rugged construction. It enables dynamic and static measurement with high
accuracy on one hand and on the other low investment and service costs. It
is ideal measurement equipment, that proves high reliability in industrial
The track consists of two force transducers, that are mounted on a steel-
or concrete plate or a railway sleeper in order to create a connection with
the sedation track. This design allows very short installation times.
PRODAT RKM-S variants are shippable in combination with the measurement computer
MC 10 or MC 20.
PRODAT RKM-S 1000 can be operated based on real time operating system PRODAT RCOS©
together with the the measurement software PRODAT RAL or as another option
with PRODAT RAL NT based on Windows NT.
PRODAT RKM-S 2000
wheel load measurement system PRODAT RKM 2000 is conceived for static and dynamic
determination of wheel load differences and acting forces onto the wheels
of multi-axle rail vehicles with high precision and accuracy.
- static and dynamic measurement
- installation height equals track height
- no welding works necessary
- two special force transducers for every measurement track with very high
exactitude and accurateness
- through arrangement of force transducers cross forces are taken into account
- measurement tracks are just one meter long
- spring hysteresis device included
System is shippable with measurement computers MC 10 or MC 20. RKM-S 2000 is
opera table with PRODAT RCOS© and the software PRODAT RAL or up to choice
also with software PRODAT RAL NT based on Windows NT.
PRODAT RKM-S 3000
PRODAT RKM-S 3000 was developed for the special demands of external use. This
expresses itself in extremely robust measurement track construction as well
as in the standard software and hardware components. The installation height
corresponds to the track height, whereby the measurement track is optimally
suited to the elevated or sunken (e.g. steel girder constructions). 2 precision
force sensors per measurement track with extremely great accuracy on dynamic
and static measurement are used. By the arrangement of the force sensor, measurement-technical
lateral forces are taken into consideration. The measurement tracks have a
length of only one meter. The installation contains a spring-hysteresis overcoming
The PRODAT RKM-S 3000 was developed for the special demands of external use.
This expresses itself in extremely robust
measurement track construction as well as in the standard soft and hardware
Some of the system advantages:
- independent of superstructure and substructure
- installation in any superstructure without a separate foundation on all
commercially-relevant steel, concrete or wooden ties, even in gap less track
without any track-stability disadvantage
- attachment to the ties corresponds to the commercially relevant standard
- available for all commercially-relevant track and gauges
- drive-over speed of up to 60 km/h
- multiple measurement point systems to increase precision optionally possible
- measurement track is tampable
- measurement data transducers can be welded into the track
- providing for extremely short installation and initiation times as
well as low investment costs
- operating temperature range: -25° C to +60° C
- measurement speed range: -5m/s to +5m/s
The applied PRODAT RAL Measurement Software, can be operated on the basis
of the RCOS® Real Time Operating System or if desired on the basis of
Windows NT. It offers numerous operations, as for example the control of statistical
and dynamic measurement procedures, self-diagnosis, error recognition, wagon
type recognition, gross weight determination. Optionally, remote maintenance
operations and vehicle data archiving can be integrated.
- wheel load measurement, wheel force measurement, stationary and mobile measuring,
- dynamic and static measurement sys
- determination of wheel-rail contact forces
- wheel force transducers